We Need You!
The Athena-Weston School District is seeking further input on the Student Investment funding that was initiated last year (SIA).
Based upon data gathered previously, the Athena-Weston School District utilized SIA funds to impact mental/behavioral health and academic needs in the following ways:
1. Meet Students' Mental and Behavioral Health Needs.
2. Increase Academic Achievement and Reduce Academic Disparities.
For 20-21 with reduced funding, the district:
- Hired staff to provide support for students with social-emotional and behavior needs.
- Established a kindergarten readiness classroom.
- Establish a Student Services Director who coordinates mental and behavioral health support and family outreach.
- Hired a licensed teacher with expertise in mathematical practices.
Please share your feedback on this quick survey as we prepare to submit our 21-22 grant application.